Sunday, August 24, 2008

TiVo for Blogs

By the way, if anyone out there hasn't yet seen Google Reader, I advise you to check it out. It's available on the iGoogle homepage or you can access it separately if you're not an iGoogle user. Basically, it allows you to enter the urls of all the blogs you like to read, organizing them into folders if you like. Then, the Google Reader lets you know when your fave bloggers have put up new posts, and you can click through to read and comment.

Like TiVo, this is a great time saver -- no longer do I spend my time clicking through my long list of Clever Blogs, looking to see who has something new. And since some of my favorite Clever Bloggers are sporadic (to put it kindly), this means I don't miss their new stuff when it does appear. When I'm looking to kill some time on the net get informed, the Google Reader serves as a "Now Playing" list from which to choose.

3 comments:

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

I found your journal the other day and already have you in my Google Reader! :-)

Anonymous said...

I've subscribed to your blog via Google Reader for some time now.

But you haven't discovered the REALLY neat part yet.

You can mark any item you find interesting with the SHARE button. That creates both a web-site and RSS feed and widget that you can add to your web=page of any and all articles you find interesting.

Check it out, Gillian.

Lee Goldberg said...

Bloglines does the same thing. I have been using it for years.